Modern dental braces are available in a variety of materials depending on a patient's needs and preferences. This orthodontic device can be either cosmetic or structural and is used primarily to correct a misalignment of teeth that may result in gaps, uneven spacing, overbites, underbites, and crossbites.
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients wonder, is it worth it? What results will I see? What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment? These are all perfectly normal questions.
Braces can straighten teeth, close gaps, and correct spacing, all resulting in a more comfortable, functional, confident smile. The assumption is that braces are primarily about improving appearance, but that's only one of the many benefits of straight teeth. A correctly aligned bite and properly spaced teeth can...
- Alleviate unnecessary wear and grinding that can lead to TMJ and even neck pain or headaches.
- Prevent ineffective chewing and digestion problems.
- Form a dental profile that is less prone to tooth injury.
- Improve oral health; evenly spaced teeth are easier to brush and floss.
- Lead to healthier gums, better prevention of cavities, and prevention against periodontal disease.
- Contribute to a positive self-image, which in turn, encourages effective dental hygienic habits that preserve your beautiful smile.
When your orthodontic treatment is completed, you may be required to use a retainer. Utilizing retainers after using braces is essential for the overall health of your teeth. It will help you in maintaining the same smile and teeth alignment you achieved after braces for a longer time. Retainers are made by taking an impression, or mold, of your newly aligned teeth and creating a retainer from acrylic or/and wire material before it is inserted.
When you come to Broad Street Dental Care for a consultation about braces, your dentist or orthodontist will conduct a comprehensive exam and discuss whether or not braces are right for you, and if so, which kind can best serve your dental needs.
For more information on Braces call Broad Street Dental Care at 256-259-5955 or make an appointment.
If you live in the Scottsboro, Alabama area, visit our team at Broad Street Dental Care or call us at 256-259-5955 to make an appointment.